Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite chore after washing dishes, I hate the smell of bleach and the harsh cleaning chemicals always make my eyes water or give me a headache. Once I simplified my regimen, cleaning the bathroom became a lot easier. To end the week, here as some ways to simplify your bathroom cleaning regimen.
- As always use up what you have. Then reuse or recycle what you can. Take the labels and clean sturdy spray bottles and make your own cleaning solutions. I use a water, vinegar and tea trea oil mix.
- Ditch paper towels for micro fiber or cotton clothes you can wash and reuse.
- Vinegar is king. Because it is a disinfectant,you can use a vinegar to clean your entire bathroom.
- Add baking soda to your toilet bowl and then add vinegar and scrub to clean the bowl. There are also wooden, compostable toilet brushes with natural fibers you can buy instead of plastic ones.
- Vinegar and baking soda will also get rid of hard to scrub stains.
- Clean your mirrors with a water and vinegar mix in a spray bottle.
- A simple aromatic toilet spray is easy to make, add equal parts grain alcohol or witch hazel with water and then add your favorite essential oils for scent to a metal or glass spray bottle and viola!
- Add plants to your bathroom to brighten things up and help purify the air.
That’s it! Nice and simple. If I missed anything, let me know in the comments below.